Friday, December 19, 2008

The Fall Harvest



If you saw the pictures of our pumpkins this fall, then you won't be surprised to see the GIANT carrot we grew! We just ate that carrot a couple nights ago with dinner. It was sweet and yummy and big enough for the whole family! I cut it up into LOTS of carrot sticks.



We also grew some really funny looking carrots that were all twisty and a couple funny tomatoes that looked like they had rabbit ears. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the tomatoes, though. The boys did lots of hard work in the garden in the spring, summer and fall. Sometimes they complained about pulling weeds or picking green beans but I think they really enjoyed the experience of having a garden. Especially when we got funny looking vegetables! When Jeremy or I went out to work the boys would usually come "help" by digging in the dirt. Though they were not actually doing anything productive, they thought they were helping and they were having fun doing it. Taylor would often sing "The Prophet said to Plant a Garden" while we were working.





No comments: