Traditions

Russell, Taylor and Benjamin in their
Christmas Sunday suits. The big boys
both requested black suit for their
Christmas clothes. I think that is a
little strange but it is fine with me!
Don't they look handsome? Now if
I could just get their dad to wear a
handsome black suit... : )
Here we are picking out our Christmas
tree for family night. We found a
really pretty one. The boys did
a good job decorating it too.


The suckers were so good and Santa
was so nice but the kids were a little
disappointed because it was too snowy
for the train to run. Grandpa Jay didn't
want any disappointed kids, so he took
them all for a snowy lawn mower ride.
They spun donuts all over the back lawn.
I'd like to see a train do that! Good job
Grandpa!
tree for family night. We found a
really pretty one. The boys did
a good job decorating it too.


The suckers were so good and Santa
was so nice but the kids were a little
disappointed because it was too snowy
for the train to run. Grandpa Jay didn't
want any disappointed kids, so he took
them all for a snowy lawn mower ride.
They spun donuts all over the back lawn.
I'd like to see a train do that! Good job
Grandpa!



Russell and Taylor were both in the ward Christmas play this year. First the whole primary sang a song and then a few of the kids performed a live nativity while a sister who is a nice grandma lady read the story from the scriptures.
Taylor was Joseph and Russell was a wise man. When I say they both did a great job, I mean Taylor played his part very well and Russell looked really cute in his costume, was quiet and stayed roughly in the vicinity of his spot on the stage while he opened baby Jesus's gifts. He also had a hard time not playing with baby Jesus since we had a real baby in the "manger".
Carter Gear was our baby Jesus and his big sister Kaitlynn was Mary. Their brother Bridger was one of Russell's fellow wise men. The Gears live right behind us and have been our friends for a long time. The 3rd wise man was Ty Christiensen who is Taylor's friend and the son of my good friend Courtney. We had lots of angels amongst whom were Nicky Matheson (Russ's friend that lives 3 doors to the South), Rebekah Brailsford (everybody's friend who lives 2 doors to the north), and Sarah Dollinar (Taylor's friend that lives across the street. Her mom Michelle has been my V.T. companion for about 7 years.) There were even more beautiful angels and a good group of shephers, too. All the girls in the play came to me and asked for a part. I didn't want to turn anyone away so we just had lots of angels and a couple girl shepherds. Only 2 boys vollunteered so I had to recruit the rest! They all really did a great job.
at the library...

Taylor was also in a Christmas program with his music theater class. He was the best one there. Not that I'm biased or anything.
at school...


Today was the last day of school before Christmas. 2 first grade classes got together to hear Taylor tell the story of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" by Dr. Suess. Taylor is getting to be such a great story teller! He has a natural gift and has been practicing to get better and better. When he gets in front of a big crowd he is a little more reserved with his expressions and actions than he is at home, but as you can see from the pictures, he is still plenty entertaining. That is his toy grinch in the background because he wanted to have his Grinch there for the story. I brought the book to show the students the pictures as Taylor recited, but I think Taylor is animated enough that the pictures were unnecessary. Great job Taylor!












5 comments:
no we actually will not be in Utah this year which is really sad because we always go to Utah, but they just put me on bedrest because I am 34 weeks and going into preterm labor. Have a good Christmas. Love Sara
We are coming all week. We will call you!!!:)
Looks like so much fun. Thank you again for taking Kait and Bridger with you to see Santa, they loved it. You are such a great friend.
Ruth Ann, your boys are so cute! It's so fun to see pics of you and your family! Merry Christmas!
I am so sorry, our week up north was so crazy, I'm kicking myself for not getting together with you.
Post a Comment