Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Road Biking








What a fun weekend! Some friends (Courtney, Brook and Donna) and I rode our bikes from my house in American Fork up Provo Canyon to Park City. We stayed the night at the Park City Marriott, sat in the hot tub, watched a "chick flick", did some shopping at the outlets and biked home the next day. We rode about 90 miles in all. Grandpa McQueen (who is a serious road cyclist) followed us up with the van in case we had any problems but it was smooth sailing all the way UP. The weather was perfect and the scenery was amazing! Saturday morning my friend's husband came and picked up all our overnight stuff and we started for home with no support vehicle this time. We had a really stiff headwind the whole way so it felt like we were going uphill again...bummer. Between the 4 of us we had 2 flat tires, 3 chain issues and one pretty nasty crash...ouch. Luckily the crash was near the end of our ride so we were able to get Donna taken care of quickly. It is sad that she got hurt, but she still wants to go again "next time". She broke her wrist and hurt her hip pretty badly, but was genuinely relieved that her new clothes were not ruined and that her bike was an easy fix. GIRLS! (rolling my eyes.) Aside from the accident we all had so much fun. It was such a beautiful ride, especially this time of year. Thanks to Jeremy for letting me go play all weekend without him.


5 comments:

Gear Gang said...

I hope you plan on doing this again in the spring, because I totally want to go.

Ruth Ann said...

Good! You are going to need a road bike though. A mountain bike isn't going to cut it for that ride! Start working on Ryan now. : )

Leanne said...

oh my gosh, I am SOOOOOOO jealous!!! That is my kind of weekend. How long have you and Courtney been friends? I went to hair school with her sister Charakie. Tell her hi. They lived pretty close to us growing up.

Rachel said...

Your are my exercise idol! I love that you did that. Great job Ruth Ann. Why don't you try riding your bike to Vegas next time?

Mathie Fam said...

You are so inspiring! I'm trying to cross country ski right now.. that's interesting! Have you ever done that?